Information We obtain in connection with your use of the Services, you may provide personal information to us in various ways. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- contact information (such as name, email address, shipping address and instructions, postal code, telephone number, and personal ID);
- login credentials to create an account on the Services (such as email address and password);
- information contained on your social media public profile, to the extent you decide to create an account on the Services using your social media account;
- information you choose to submit on your personalized public profile “My Account”, including web address name, user name, photograph, links to your social media accounts and any other information you choose to submit on the “Page Description” section of your “My Page”;
- user-generated content related to product reviews, comments, questions and answers;
- payment information, such as name, billing address, account number, and payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code) for payments processed by us. To the extent any payments are processed by any other third parties such as PayPal or Apple Pay, then the privacy policies of those parties shall govern such information;
- order history, including information about products purchased or viewed on the Services;
- details you provide through contests, sweepstakes and surveys;
- social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Services (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plugins offered by social media services like Facebook, Google , Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media pages or other pages accessible to us);
- other personal information contained in content you submit on the Services, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or other customer support tools; and
- Country/region and language preference based on mobile device settings and/or IP;
- IP address, device, operating system, and browser information that we detect.
You are not required to provide this information but, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to offer you certain Services and related features.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We will use the information we obtain through the Services as needed to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with the products and services you request and to deliver products ordered (including, but not limited to, transportation and customs clearance through related third party service providers).
We also will use the information we obtain through the Services if we have a legitimate interest to do so, including to support the following functions and activities:
- establishing and managing your account;
- communicating with you about your account or transactions and sending you information about features and enhancements;
- processing claims in connection with our products and services, and keeping you informed about the status of your order;
- managing our Rewards and loyalty programs;
- posting your product reviews and managing our Reviews program;
- improving and customizing your experience with the Services, including providing recommendations based on your preferences;
- identifying and authenticating you so you may use the Services;
- marketing our products to you and providing you with promotions, including special deals, coupons, discounts and chances to win contests;
- communicating with you about, and administering your participation in, contests, sweepstakes or surveys;
- responding to your requests and inquiries and providing customer support, such as through our chatbot or other customer support tools;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our Services; managing our communications; analyzing our user base and Services; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protecting against, identifying and preventing fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies; and
- communicating with you about changes to our policies.
In addition, we will use your contact information to send you Health Newsletters, emails, SMS, push notifications and in-app notifications about our products, services, sales and special offers if you sign up to receive them and have not opted out. We also may use your email address to display ads for our products, services, sales and special offers through Facebook’s and Google’s sites or networks. For example, if you are on Facebook, you may see our ads on the social media platform, or if you sign in to your Google account, you may see our ads as you use the Google search engine, Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Audience Network, YouTube, Gmail, and the Google Display Network because these third parties will match your email address with you.
We may combine information we obtain about you through our websites with the information obtained through our apps for the purposes described above. We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Automated Collection Of Data
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Cookies may be set either directly by the website a user is visiting (“first-party cookies”), or by a domain other than the website the user is visiting (“third-party cookies”). A “Flash cookie,” also known as a local shared object, functions like a web cookie to personalize a user’s experience on sites that use Adobe Flash Player. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We and our third-party service providers may use beacons in emails to help us track response rates, identify when our emails are accessed or forwarded, and for other purposes listed above.
The following types of cookies and similar technologies are used on the Services:
We use necessary cookies to help enable the Services to function, including to (1) identify you once you have logged in to your account, (2) keep track of preferences you specify while you use the Services, and (3) manage the security of the Services.
Through our Services, we may obtain personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party apps, websites, devices and other online services. On our Services, we use third-party online analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services use automated technologies to collect data (such as email address, IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate, for example, use of our Services and to diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy, and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. In addition, our Services use FullStory analytics cookies and similar technologies (local storage) to collect technical information from your device (such as IP address, device and operating system type, browser and approximate geographic location based on your device IP address), as well as information about your interactions with our Services (such as clickstream, browsing and keystroke data, and the referring URL and session duration). This information allows us to recreate your sessions so we can get a better understanding of how you use our Services, troubleshoot issues, and administer and improve our Services.
Personalized Advertising Cookies
Through our Services, both we and certain third parties may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of browser cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies. The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites and apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing and app usage activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on our Services and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. In the European Union, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
How to Change Your Cookie Settings
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before placing non-essential cookies or similar technologies on your device, and keep your choice for a period of six (6) months. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), Russia or Kazakhstan, you can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the “Cookie Preferences” icon at the bottom of each page of our Services.
You also can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded on your device by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie and how to disable existing cookies. The following external links will explain how to manage cookies for the most common browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
To find out how to manage cookies for other browsers, please click “help” on your browser’s menu or visit www.allaboutcookies.org. [Flash cookies typically cannot be controlled, deleted or disabled through your browser settings and instead must be managed through your Adobe Flash Player settings. To manage Flash cookies, which we may use on our website from time to time, you can go to the Adobe Flash Player Support page available here. In addition, your mobile device settings may allow you to prohibit mobile app platforms (such as Apple and Google) from sharing certain information obtained by automated means with app developers and operators such as us. Our Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please note that without cookies or other automated tools we use to collect this type of data, you may not be able to use all the features of our Services.
Our Services also use a chatbot to provide automated customer assistance. A chatbot is a computer program that communicates with you, using text on a digital message interface and artificial intelligence. Put simply, if you ask a question through our chatbot, the chatbot will reply to you in human-ish behavior. Our chatbot is supported by Ada Support, a third-party chatbot service provider located in Canada, who performs services on our behalf (“Ada”). Ada uses an automated decision making process, when deciding on the correct answer to serve based on your question, and will receive message logs and usernames when you interact with the chatbot. Message logs contain information such as details of your account with us, including your username, e-mail address, phone number and address, as well as any other content you choose to submit when you make a customer support inquiry through the chatbot. Ada will retain the content of those messages, together with responses to those messages and any outcome from those messages. This information will be retained for twelve (12) months and will be used only to provide customer support and improve the quality of the chatbot services. If you are located in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, the above information will be transferred to Ada in Canada – a country which has been recognized by the European Commission, UK and Swiss Administration as providing an adequate level of data protection.
We also may disclose information about you: (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.